I have seven years’ experience in digital marketing for the modern teenager and 20-something. My work largely focuses on themes of student travel. I have initiated email marketing campaigns, supported major promotions, championed laser-focused content development, and optimized all projects for maximum success. Here is a portfolio of my marketing career highlights:
I pair advanced SEO skills with research-driven expertise to write engaging content for college-aged students.
- US News and World Report: 4 Myths About Earning Your Grad Degree Abroad
- USA Today College: Why You Should Intern Abroad AFTER Studying Abroad
- Intern Match: 6 Tips for Surviving Internship Culture Shock
- The Muse: How to Handle Being Bored & Lonely at Your International Job
I manage all written editorial content at GoAbroad, juggling contributors and relevant topics and establishing a consistent voice and credibility. Our articles directory can be perused here.
Check out all of my written work here.
In 2017, I was a project lead for GoAbroad video production, overseeing the strategy, content development, and publication of social & long-form videos.
Social example: How Studying Abroad Helps You Figure Out What to Do With Your Life
Long-form example: The Lowdown on Volunteering Abroad for Free
See more of the videos I helped create here.
Highlights: Graphic Design
GoAbroad similarly marked 2017 as a year to launch a more established graphic design effort site-wide. I managed and supported the production of:
- Ebooks. Geared towards different types of travelers are different stages of travel planning.
- Graphics and article images for social media.
- Email Marketing
- I created and strategized our first-ever MyGoAbroad drip campaign, which was sent over the course of a year to 200,000+ users of the tool. Sign up for a sneak peek yourself. 😉
- I manage content for GoAbroad’s regular newsletter, sent to 50,000+ users weekly.
- Social Media
- I keep an active personal social media presence and provide support, including writing copy and approving images, to GoAbroad’s social media team.
The traffic to the GoAbroad articles directory, my content baby, has improved 650% since my start date. The average time on site has increased to 5 minutes, and both the bounce rate and exit rate have decreased by more than 10%. This has been done by following best practices for on-page search engine optimization, including advanced keyword and meta data strategies.
I have also managed outreach campaigns for backlinks as well as advised on site-wide breadcrumb strategies to improve site navigation and interlinking.