I enjoy writing, especially about meaningful travel, the student experience abroad, personal finance, coffee, and cultural immersion. Check out a sampling of my written work below:
Current Contributor Roles:
- Tortuga Backpacks: Let’s take a journey—an efficiently packed, carry-on only one.
- NerdWallet: Come with me to learn more about personal finance and how to leverage travel rewards without being a crazy person.
- GoAbroad.com: Beyond overseeing all content production on GoAbroad, I was responsible for writing sponsored content for clients and one-off articles on trending topics.
- Gap Year Association: I regularly wrote content to support gap year and alternative education programming.
- Verge Magazine: I was a field contributor while volunteering and traveling in Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania.
- StudyInternational: I formerly wrote as an education reporter for this UK-based online resource.
- GoOverseas: I started as the Study Abroad Editor here before being promoted to Senior Content Writer and Strategist.
- API Study Abroad: I wrote China-related content to support their launch of Beijing and Shanghai programs.
- PremierTEFL: The landscape for teaching English abroad has changed significantly with the onset of online English teaching platforms and more TEFL certification companies to aid in finding legit jobs. Explore this new territory with me!
- US News and World Report: 4 Myths About Earning Your Grad Degree Abroad
- The PIE News: Where We Fall Short: Re-Entry Programming for Study Abroad
- The Muse: How to Handle Being Bored & Lonely at Your International Job
- MelibeeGlobal: How to Navigate Your Study Abroad Fair
- GoOverseas: The Complete History of Study Abroad
- Boots n’ All: A collection of my contributions
- USA Today College: Navigating Start Up Cultures (no longer live)
- Pink Pangea: Reflections on my Namibian Homestay Mother
- Wandering Educators: Deciding Where to Study Abroad
- Way Up: 6 Tips for Surviving Internship Culture Shock
- Valpo Voyagers: An Open Letter to my Homestay Families Abroad
- College Magazine: 5 Ways to Connect Your Campus Life with Your Life Abroad
- Viator: The Great Wall of China
Interviews Online & In Print